Welcome to the first voting day for our photo contest! Here’s how it works:
- You will see a new set of pictures each day, from now until Saturday. Each day you can vote on your favorite picture. If you have entered a photo, invite others to vote for you!
- To vote, simply leave a comment with the name of the photographer.
- One comment equals one vote, and please only vote once per day. *honor system people!*
- And one more thing: Voting will only last 24 hours from the moment the entry is posted. After that, all comments will be closed.
- The winner from each round will go on to the Finals, which will be posted on Monday and given 2 days of voting time to pick the winner.
Please enjoy these beautiful photos!!!
“This is a little cliche; it’s simply a set of train tracks. I love this picture because it reminds me of my freshman dorm room. These tracks are right outside the dorms I lived in my freshman and sophomore year. I was stuck with 3 horrible roommates that I could never seem to get along with. I would get so stressed out that the only thing that could calm me was my favorite music (Ben Folds, The Decemberists, Ryan Star, Yeah Yeah Yeah’s) and the train going by. Since the tracks crossed the sidewalk that led to the dorms, the conductor (they’re still called conductors, right?!) would sound the horn until it reached the next county. I LOVE the sound a train makes; the horn, the sound of the wheels on the tracks…it’s so beautiful and rustic. I took this photo for a digital photography class I took and loved it ever since.”
“This is a picture of my son that I took a couple of months ago. He’s 3 and hilarious. This picture isn’t the best picture I’ve taken but it totally stands out as one of my favourite pictures. I just love that look too cool for school and how he’s obviously channeling The Fonz. Eyyy!!”
“This is my (current) favorite picture! About a month ago my free spirited little Layla was playing “Workin’ at the Carwash,” when she decided to see what would happen if…..
I love that even in the middle of the spray I can see her BIG smile. She loved it!”
Pardon Me? by Julie
“This is only one of my favorite photos! I had gotten my first “big girl” camera and took off to the Zoo to try it out and was so happy with this photo! I love the color and the feeling that I captured this poor flamingo in a delicate moment. It taught me to always be aware of my subject and just keep clicking because you never really know what you might get.”
“I’m not sure this is the best picture I’ve ever taken, but lately – it’s been my favorite. This photo has so much of my personality in it, I liked a tightly cropped photo, intense light and a beautiful subject – no matter what it is. Butterflies are some of my favorites because their flight pattern is erratic yet beautiful, they appear misguided but they know exactly where they are going.”
So who’s picture is your favorite?!?! Jean, Kelsey, Theresa, Julie or Jennifer? Let the voting begin!