This is the part where I give you my humble opinion on things that you may or may not love. I apologize for hurting your feelings in advance, but this must be done…for my sanity.
1. Dillards. This is the suckiest store ever. The only time I ever shop in there is when I have a gift card, but even then it is impossible to find things that are actually okay looking (according to my girl Maura, “it looks like the 80s threw up in here!”). And when I do find great dresses or blouses, its in the expensive and overpriced Gianni Bini and BCBG section…so we can just go ahead and rule that stuff out. And here’s a little tip for that section of the store: dress like you own the place and maybe you’ll get decent service; wear chucks and you’re screwed. Those bitches made me sick.
2. Blogs. I enjoy a wide array of blogs: fashion, food, humor. My favorite blogs are Adored Austin, What I Wore, Joy the Baker, and my new fave, Hyperbole and a Half. Yeah. Those blogs are good times. You’re welcome.
3. Forever 21 Jewelry. I love this store, even though I am forbidden to shop there until January 1, 2011. Its like crack. But their jewelry…well. I’ve had some issues with it. Sure its awesome because its cheap (um, $4 necklace?!?!?! SCORE!), but the quality is terrible. I bought this awesome “gold” owl necklace that is now silver. Maura didn’t even think it was the same necklace, even though I swore it was. I love their inexpensive accessories, but be careful what you get.
4. Olive Garden. Ugh. This is my least favorite restaurant in the whole entire world. What is with people and their gosh darn love for this place? Nothing, NOTHING is good, except for the salad of course. And there is always a ginormous wait at the door, no matter what night you go. I just don’t get it. I meeeeaaaan, why wait for a crappy table at a crappy wannabe Italian restaurant when Carrabba’s is right down the street and muy excellente! Just sayin.’
5. Starbucks’ Hot Apple Chai. Let me tell you about this delish drink. Its got apple juice. Its got black chai tea. It tastes like apple cider with a spicy kick. Its also got caffeine. Lots of it. The funny thing is, nobody ever knows how to make this drink. Every time I order it, I have to tell them whats in it. It used to be on the menu, but apparently didn’t sell. Well, friends, lets all order the heck out of some hot apple chai so the employees will learn how to make it!
6. Printed pieces of paper called “Art.” I don’t get it. People are actually selling and making a killing off of printed pieces of paper with a few words on it. Yeah. They’re putting a Beatles song name on paper and calling it art. Its ridiculous. Why would you spend money on that when you can print it at home for nothing?
7. Vampire Diaries. Stefan, Damon…you rock my socks off. You are the bees knees. You’re the tops. And it helps that you’re hot. Too bad my favorite show is not going to have a new episode until March 25, but that gives you time to get on the bandwagon before it starts back up again. Go ahead. Enjoy the vampire hottness.
Share on Facebook