I saw New Moon. I almost peed my pants. I was seriously giddy and shaky like a little school girl as the opening credits came on. I know…ridiculous! But oh so awesome. What’s wrong with feeling that way every now and then, anyway? It makes me feel young and I LIKE IT!
So I have a few comments about New Moon. Some good. Some not so good. All very necessary. SPOILER ALERT! If you haven’t read the books or seen the movie, TURN BACK NOW. Otherwise………enjoy.
1. Michael Sheen rocked as Aro! He acted exactly how I pictured the character to act: smug, delighted in the downfall of others, curious about other people’s minds. Brilliant!
2. Taylor can act. Really, he can. No wonder they kept him. My girl Maura thinks they are force-feeding him hGH, but hey…whatevs.
3. Dakota only stood and smiled. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Dakota Fanning, and I love that they picked her for this role (other than the age thing, which will be discussed later on). Its about time she played someone other than a screaming laughing little girl. But she didn’t do much this go round. That’s the story though. Wait till Eclipse, when she actually starts killing folks with her freakin’ mind!
4. Alice would NEVER have worn that. WTF? Perhaps Alice had to choose whatever covered up the most skin, so I understand the gloves and the scarf, but what is that striped poncho she’s wearing? No. No no. That is soooo not Alice.
5. The wolves looked awesome! They did a great job with the special effects in this movie, especially the wolf pack. One million thumbs up to Summit for that!
6. Some people aren’t happy about Edward being a visual hallucination in the movie as opposed to only a voice in Bella’s head in the book. I personally agree with the visual interpretation, because it makes it more appealing in a movie format. I mean, if he were just a voice it wouldn’t make as much sense in a movie.
7. Kristen Stewart is my queen. She did an A-to-the-MAZING job, as always. The best part about her is that I think she IS Bella in real life. At least, she acts like it in interviews. She’s awkward, has trouble speaking, fidgets with her hair. She freakin IS Bella. End. Of. Story.
8. Was it really necessary to paint on Edward’s abs? It just didn’t look right. Why didn’t they make RPatz do some sit-ups or something. I mean, Taylor got him some real muscle. Mmmmkkaaaaayyyy???
Edward, before enhanced abs (the dots are for the special effects)
Edward, after enhanced abs. See the difference?
9. Alice’s hair looks so much better in this movie!
Alice in Twilight
Alice in New Moon
10. Alec and Jane should have been younger. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love who they chose for the roles, I just feel like Bella described them more like children than teenagers. And think how dramatic it would be to have a couple of 10-year-olds cast as two of the most powerful vampires in the world.
11. And finally, let’s talk about Mike and Jessica. They were definitely my favorite part of the movie! They brought some comedic relief to the otherwise dark world of New Moon. As a matter of fact, all of Bella’s human friends were funny. Thanks, humans!
Share on Facebook